1. Each adult 18 years of age and older that will be residing in the premises must fill out their own application and pay the $50 application fee. It normally takes one business day to process your application but it could take up to 3 business days. Our leasing staff will contact you if you are approved. If you are declined, you will receive a letter listing the reasons you were declined. ALL applicants, 18 years old or older, regardless of being named on the lease or not, must go through background screening.
2. A credit check and background check will be ordered. We are not overly concerned about credit, but we are concerned about prior evictions, criminal history, income sources and work history.
3. Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution. First and Last Month’s Rent is also required prior to move-in.
4. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required. Self-Employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
5. Criminal records must contain no convictions for misdemeanors for crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drugs, firearms; felonies within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back “adjudication withheld,” “nolle prose,’ or “adjudication deferred,” further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
6. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect cooperative attitude, timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
7. Pets are welcomed with certain exceptions. Doberman Pinschers, Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Chows, and Rottweilers may be CONSIDERED if you can provide liability insurance. There is a $250 non-refundable pet fee as well as a monthly fee of $25 per pet. These fees are Non-Refundable. Only 2 pets are allowed per property. We do REQUIRE that a Pet Screening be completed (for an additional fee) and approved. Assistive animals for persons with disabilities are not considered to be pets and are not subject to the pet restrictions bestowed in this section. Assistive animals must still complete the Pet Screening and get The Property Manager Guys advance authorization.
8. Each adult must provide a copy of his or her driver’s license prior to moving in.
9. We require ALL tenants to pay using our online portal which you can use at no cost by paying with an eCheck through your bank. Checks or cash will be accepted BUT you will be charged a processing fee of $50. You can also pay with your debit/credit card but you will be charged a processing fee by our provider if you choose to use this payment method. A PaySlip can also be provided if you wish to make your payment at participating 7-11 or CVS stores for a $3.99 fee.
10. We do not accept Section 8 at this time.
11. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
12. Any exceptions to our company’s criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for approval. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
13. Our company policy is to report all non-compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with the law.